Monday 19 September 2011

Shift Change

The last few days have been very busy, and of course the blog is always the one that suffers. With the UDU's in place, RKO has installed the cables trays that connect the radar to the UDUs, and started running the power cables. This is a major undertaking as there is a large power cable that runs to each panel (that is 121 if you are keeping score). While this was going on backup arrived in the form of Cody. Phew, thank goodness. On Cody's first day we got him drilling holes in the UDUs with a dull hole saw. Almost as good as some of the practical jokes RKO has played on me (last night when I went to go to bed my bed was gone). I started terminating the power cables at the panels (121 panels, 4 conductor cable ... major ouch).

I am flying home tomorrow, so Cody and/or Jarrett will take over and continue the saga. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment